About the Center
The Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development is an independent, academic, non-profit research group at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts. Our mission is to develop strategic information to help drug developers, regulators, and policy makers improve the quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical development, review, and utilization.
Our path-breaking research informs the research-based industry, regulatory agencies, and the public about the nature and pace of pharmaceutical development
- To monitor and report on the development, regulation, and utilization of new drugs and biopharmaceuticals.
- To explore the economic, legal, scientific, and public policy issues affecting pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical innovation worldwide
- To serve as an information resource on the development and regulation of new therapeutic agents.
- To sponsor public forums and conferences that bring together the perspectives of government, industry, academia, and the public health community.
- To raise the level of national and international debate on issues related to new drug and biopharmaceutical product development and regulation.