tufts csdd sponsored research
As part of its broad research agenda, the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development conducts Sponsored Research on a wide variety of topics identified by individual or multiple companies. Sponsored Research typically focuses on operational or R&D management issues. It may entail creation of a multi-company working group, survey creation, collection of company data, and publication of aggregate analyses. Individual participating companies may also receive customized reports, comparing their benchmarks against an industry mean.
Tufts CSDD brings broad expertise, creativity, and over 35 years of experience to its Sponsored Research program.
Here are some examples of what we offer:
- Primary and Secondary Research - including surveys, executive and opinion leader interviews, focus groups, and original and secondary data analyses.
- Facilitated Roundtables and Management Meetings - including small and large group conference-style presentations and moderated discussions held onsite at the sponsor organization or at a neutral location (for example at Tufts CSDD’s own conference facility).
- White Papers and Custom Management Reports - including the compilation of source information, and the review and analysis of significant R&D trends. Tufts CSDD will work closely with the sponsor organizations throughout the process. At the conclusion of the project, Tufts CSDD will prepare a summary report* that may be submitted for publication in a trade or peer-review journal, as well as customized reports for sponsoring organizations.
* Note that the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development publishes aggregate analyses only; individual companies, drugs, and proprietary data are never identified.
Recent examples of Sponsored Research conducted by Tufts CSDD:
- Benchmark study on capacity planning, economics, and forecasting
- Market sizing, structure, and trends analysis
- Clinical trial efficiency assessment: analysis of protocol complexity and amendments
- Quantitative assessment of the impact of clinical outsourcing on development performance, quality, and cost
- Assessment of various R&D strategies and management practices
- Long-range projection on adoption of new practices, technologies, and innovations
- Opportunities for improved R&D efficiency and effectiveness