on-site biostatistics training workshop
Taught by Dr. Janet Forrester, Associate Professor of Biostatistics at Tufts University School of Medicine, this unique on-site Biostatistics Training Workshop is aimed at non-statistical professionals in pharmaceutical R&D who need to communicate effectively using the language of statistics.
Clinical biostatistics as used by pharmaceutical professionals is based on just a few core principles. Understanding these core principles is the key to grasping the language and application of biostatistics to medicine. This half-day workshop, conducted on-site, will include interactive exercises and team learning of concepts with real-world examples, rather than the memorization of formulas.
Before the course:
- Attendees will use their professional experience to derive personal learning objectives.
During the course:
- Real-world examples and exercises will be used to visualize the concepts underlying biostatistics.
- Attendees will leverage their learning by interacting with professional colleagues.
After the course:
- Attendees will be able to read medical research with greater understanding.
- Attendees will also be able to use the language of biostatistics to effectively communicate with members of their R&D team and others within the organization.
about janet forrester:
Janet Forrester, PhD, is the Associate Director of the Doctorate in Public Health degree and past Course Director for Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the Tufts University School of Medicine. Dr. Forrester has over 20 years of experience, conducting epidemiological studies, including randomized trials, and working with the research-based pharmaceutical industry. She also serves on the faculty of the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development’s annual Postgraduate Course in Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Development, and Regulation. Her lecture and group exercise in biostatistics are consistently rated “An Outstanding Learning Experience!” by course attendees.
For more information,
Contact Tufts CSDD: firstname.lastname@example.org; 617-636-2170